Tuesday, September 10, 2013

God's Laughing

There is a saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans".  I had all these plans today....I was going to go to our Food Pantry and make sure everything was all set for the team scheduled to work tomorrow.  On the way home I was going to stop at the store and pick up some more jars and some cilantro so I could prepare and can my salsa verde before I took my Mom to Dawn's for the night. Then Frank and I were going to have a quiet night at home and I was going to make on of his favorite dinners.  It was all planned.....Then last night, Tingting came home and announced that she has today off and could Frank go look at a couple of cars with her. So Frank's favorite dinner of  Chicken Marsala is now becoming Chicken Stir-Fry because I only kept aside 2 chicken breast halves for tonight's dinner and now there will be three of us. This morning Nancy called in sick, so there go my plans to hit the food pantry and grocery store.  On a good note, I will be able to finish up my Christmas project that I didn't complete yesterday and it is going to be good and hot today so after Mom goes to Dawn's I will be able to get in my pool lounge chair and finish up the book I am currently reading, "The People of the Book".

 
This is a great way to feed a lot of people with a small amount of meat.  It is also a good way for me to use up the remainder of my vegetables before my next farm visit.


1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1/2 c.Teriyaki Sauce (I use this sauce)

Place chicken into a bowl and toss with the teriyaki sauce.  Place into refrigerator to marinade while you prepare the vegetables.

1 small onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 T. cooking oil (I use coconut)
6 cups of your favorite vegetables, cut into bite size pieces
1 c. chicken broth
1/4 c. soy sauce (I use low-sodium)
2 T. corn starch

Heat oil in large pan or wok. Add the onions and garlic and stir fry until fragrant.  Add the chicken, reserving the marinade and stir fry until no longer pink. Remove chicken and onion mixture from pan and return to bowl with marinade.  Heat more oil in pan if necessary and add vegetables, stir frying until crisp-tender. Combine soy sauce and corn starch in a small bowl, stirring until dissolved. Return chicken with Marinade to pan and add chicken broth. Bring  to a boil and add soy sauce mixture.  Cook until thickened.  Serve over steamed brown rice.  Print Recipe



2 comments:

  1. I remember having this with you and Frank. It was sooo yummy. Gonna make it for Bob and Mary tomorrow. :) I made a recipe the other day, that wasnt on your index, but still thought of you, :) because I thought you and Frank may like it. Will have to share with you soon. Its called Mexican Potato cassorole using Southwestern hash browns. Delish! :) I tweaked a bit, because its suppose to be a breakfast dish, but used different sausage and didnt put egg in it, so I could make it a dinner dish. Anyways, hope to talk to you soon. Enjoy your trip this weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.