Sunday, September 22, 2013

Soaring through Sunday

What a perfect, gorgeous day!!!  Mom is very happy because Amy is coming to stay with her.  Mom has never once asked "Who is Amy?" She is always just very excited every time she is told that she is going to see her and I never dare tell her if I am seeing Amy without her.  The one time I did, she thought it was Nancy's fault that she couldn't go with me and boy did Nancy have a rough day!!!!!!
When Amy was born she and Mom bonded instantly. Amy's first smile was for her Grandma and they have remained close throughout the years.  She is the only grandchild that is consistently remembered, heck Mom doesn't even remember her own kids half of the time but she never forgets her Amy!  This makes me very happy because now we can fly to Mackinac Island with John and Kirs and I won't spend one moment worrying about how Mom is doing.

 
And we are off....John and Kirsten are ready for the ride.

 
Some trees are getting their Fall colors but not many.

 
I just thought this was a beautiful shot.
 
 
Our destination, the furthest island.

 
The "Big Mac" in the distance.  The world's largest suspension bridge connecting our upper and lower peninsulas.
 
 
It was drizzling when we arrived but we won't let that dampen our spirits.

 
Our taxi arrives.
 (There are no motorized vehicles on the Island)

 
And our visit begins.
 
It was a wonderful day with wonderful friends.  We walked for miles, did some shopping and ate a lot!!  Of course, we also bought fudge because no trip to Mackinac Island would be complete without that.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.