Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chilly Outside and Chili Inside

I had to get up early today to take Frank's Mom back to the wound doctor.  Her infections is gone, her tests came back good but they had to scrape the wounds again which is very painful for her.  I take her back in another 2 weeks so please add her to your prayer list.  After the doctor's we went out to lunch and had a nice visit.  I am very lucky to have such wonderful people as in laws.

There has been frost for two mornings in a row now and parts of our State have gotten snow already.  When the weather changes like this my menus start leaning more towards soups, stews, roasts, casseroles and baked goods.  Tonight we are having chili and cornbread.  The recipe is for 10 generous main dish servings.  I will use the leftovers for burritos which will be in my menu next week.



Chili

2 lbs. Ground Beef
1 large onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Jalapeno, minced (remove seeds before mincing if you don't want too much heat)
1 Qt. Tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can kidney beans
1 can cannellini beans
1 can black beans
3 t. chili powder
1 t. dried basil
2 shakes of hot pepper sauce
salt and pepper to taste.

Brown beef, with onion, garlic and jalapeno.  Drain if your beef was fatty.  Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30-40 minutes to blend flavors.  Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Print Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.