Thursday, March 13, 2014

Lucky Rice Krispies Treats


Tomorrow is Fish Fry Friday and our parish asks all of us to donate cookies for dessert at the Lenten Fish Fries they hold.  I did not make cookies for tomorrow but I did make some rice krispy treats that I colored green and cut with a shamrock cookie cutter in honor of St. Pat's Day.  I will be dropping them off tomorrow.  I am sure that most of you know how to make rice krispy treats but I am posting the recipe in case you need a reminder on amounts.  Have fun.


Lucky Rice Krispy Treats

3 T. butter
5.5 c. mini marshmallows
6 c. Rice Krispies
few drops green food coloring

Place butter in a large glass bowl and heat on high for 1 minute or until melted.  Add marshmallows and toss to cover with butter.  Place bowl back in microwave and heat on high for 45 seconds, stir and heat for another 45 seconds.  Add the food coloring and stir until smooth.  Add the Rice Krispies and stir until combined. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Cover with another piece of parchment paper and press to make an even layer.  Use a shamrock cookie cutter to cut into portions for serving.  Eat all the scraps LOL.  Print Recipe


Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.