Thursday, March 20, 2014

Treating myself on Thursday

Tingting had given me a gift certificate for Christmas for a facial and massage.  To celebrate the first day of Spring, I made an appointment and spent two glorious, uninterrupted, relaxing hours.  It was marvelous!!! Then I met my friend Pam for lunch at Marine City Fish Company which I have mentioned before is one of my favorite local restaurants.

For dinner tonight I made a recipe that I found on Pinterest.  The recipe is from Damn Delicious.  This was my first visit to Chung Ah's website but I don't think it will be my last.  Her recipes look mouthwatering!!

I made this recipe with very minor changes to the meatballs and had planned on making the sauce included with the recipe but when I went into the cupboard for more soy sauce there was a bottle of  Soy Vay Teriyaki Sauce staring me in the face.  Since I was all relaxed and lazy from my earlier massage and facial I grabbed that instead and used it.

I served the meatballs with Steamed Rice and I pulled out some veggies I had on hand, sliced, diced and stir-fried to serve as a side dish.



Teriyaki Meatballs
slightly adapted from Damn Delicious

1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
2 eggs
2 green onions, whites and light green parts thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T. fresh ginger, minced
1 t. soy sauce
4 grinds of fresh cracked pepper
1 c. teriyaki sauce (I used Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki)

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Roll the meat into 1 1/2" meatballs and place on a baking sheet.  Bake at 400* for 20-25 min.  While meatballs are cooking, place 1 cup of teriyaki sauce into a large saucepan and heat over low heat.  When meatballs are done baking, toss in the warm teriyaki sauce and serve.  Print Recipe



For this stir fry I used onions, carrots, celery, 2 different color peppers and baby spinach.


Stir Fry Vegetables

1 T. cooking oil (I used coconut)
3 c. assorted vegetables, unless using leafy greens in which case you may use up to 6 cups.
1 t. soy sauce

Heat oil in wok over med hi heat.  Add any aromatics that you have chosen such as onions, garlic, ginger, etc and stir fry until fragrant.  Add any hard vegetables such as carrots, celery, broccoli, tough leafy greens such as kale, etc and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add any tender leafy greens, baby spinach, baby kale, etc and/or beansprouts and cook until wilted.  Season with soy sauce and serve.  Print Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.