Sunday, April 27, 2014

Sunday Night Steaks

We were originally going to go out for dinner tonight but our plans got changed.  I hadn't planned dinner for tonight, so I went into the freezer and the first thing I saw were some Rib Steaks so I pulled those out.  I had some Russet Potatoes that I could bake and I had gotten some lovely red and yellow beets from Door to Door Organics this week, so I threw them into the oven to roast and saved the greens to mix with a half bag of spinach that was in the fridge for Sauteed Greens.

So I went back to my post from Saturday and edited in dinner for tonight on my Weekly Menu. Voila...dinner is planned.



It doesn't get much easier than grilled steaks...especially for me, since Frank does the grilling LOL.  The beets are simply wrapped in foil and roasted until fork tender and then tossed in a balsamic glaze.  You can find the recipe here.  Simply eliminate the carrots and substitute yellow beets.  The Potatoes get wrapped in foil and baked along with the beets.  And the greens need only be washed, chopped and sauteed with bacon, onions and garlic for a delicious side dish.


Cook diced bacon until crisp.
Add onions and garlic, saute until tender and fragrant.
Add Greens and saute quickly until wilted.



Sauteed Greens

2 slices of bacon, diced
1/2 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 c. greens (you can use spinach, beet greens, chard, kale, etc)

In a large saute pan over med high heat brown bacon, remove all but 2 T. of bacon grease.  Add onions and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and saute until tender and fragrant.  Add greens and toss until wilted.

2 comments:

  1. Those beets look delish! Richard always did our grilling too. guess one of these days I will have to figure THAT out too. Justin grilled chicken breasts for us this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sooooo good Paula. I also love using roasted beets in salads.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.