Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bats, Bounty and Blasphemy....

This morning my great niece, McKenzie, was over with her dad, my nephew, Doug, so that he could pick up our truck to use to tow his camper up for the canoe trip next weekend.  While they were visiting, Mac noticed a bat lying (in the bright sunlight) on our living room floor.  That added a little excitement to the morning!!

After they left I went to my CSA, RC Organic Farms.  I was pretty pleased with my bounty today.  I had made my Weekly Menu prior to going to the farm but my bounty fit the menu perfectly.


There was a cucumber and onions to be used in my Rice Mingle Salad tomorrow.  There was also a very nice head of Chinese Cabbage that I will use for a green salad tomorrow as well.  There were some fresh peas for my Pasta, Pesto and Peas scheduled for Meatless Monday.  Fresh zucchini for my Zucchini Enchiladas on Try it Tuesday.  Wednesday I will grill the summer squash to go along with the BBQ Chicken. In addition, I got some beautiful, sweet strawberries, a nice head of lettuce, some bok choy and fresh dill and cilantro.  You'll have to check in during the week to see where I use them.

We attended The Book of Mormon with John and Kirsten this afternoon.  Oh my....I guess I would have to know you very well and know what kind of things you find humor in before I could recommend this musical.
I thought it was very funny but parts of it made me very uncomfortable as well. The singing and dancing were superb but the content of the play could be very disturbing to some.  It is by the creators of South Park so that should give you a little bit of an idea what you are in for if you go to see this show.

After the show we went to the Roma Cafe for dinner.  This restaurant is one of Detroit's first Italian Restaurants.  It was established in 1890.  The wait staff is all male and they treat you as if you are the most important customers in the world.  The food is delicious, the service impeccable and the atmosphere unique.

We then took a ride around the Belle Isle Park.  This park was recently taken over by the State of Michigan and I wanted to see what they have done.  This was a great park at one time and I am happy to see that it is once again a great family park.  It has wonderful museums, arboretums, conservatories, a zoo, picnic grounds, fishing areas, beaches, etc.  All of which were being well visited on this beautiful day.

It was a wonderful day spent with wonderful people.  I hope your Saturday was superb as well.



6 comments:

  1. EEk a bat in the living room??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it happens out here in the country a couple of times a year LOL

      Delete
  2. The book of Mormon is one of the shows in the broadway pkg we bought this year - Kyle loves south park so he's very excited

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you will probably love it and you will understand right after they arrive in Africa how uncomfortable that song made me. When do you go?

      Delete
  3. You truly are a superhero. I can assure you after a bat in my living room, I would have had to be tranquilized and would not have made it to any plays or restaurants or parks. Well....maybe that restaurant! Great stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, the first time we had a bat I freaked out but now I am used to it LOL. They get in a few times a year.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.