Friday, July 4, 2014

He Huffed and He Puffed.....

Hey Everyone...It is Five Minute Friday!!  Stop by and check it out.  This is the place that we bloggers go to, read the prompt and write about what that prompt puts on our hearts for 5 minutes.  We don't over think it.  We don't worry about spelling or grammar or editing.  We just write and we breathe....which is perfect because today's prompt is EXHALE.



Go

It is funny, the images that go through your mind when you hear a word.  When I read the word EXHALE, I immediately thought of the big bad wolf.

Do you ever feel as if the wolf is at your door?  Just waiting to blow your life to smithereens?

Then closely on the heels of this thought, came thoughts of the parable of the man who built his house on sand and the house was weak and couldn't stand but the man that built his house on rock had a strong foundation and the house could not be destroyed.  

Similar to that anyway.  I will look up the parable when my 5 minutes are done. 

So I am going to stop worrying about that wolf and trust in my Rock.  God has promised to care for me and His word is Truth.  So I will just Breathe.  I will Exhale and know that I am His lamb and He will always protect me from the wolf.

STOP

Matthew 7:24-27New International Version (NIV)

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

6 comments:

  1. Hello! I am a near neighbor at five minute friday! I likes your post - may we have the strength to be people of great faith even when the storms are raging out there! Blessings Aliyah (setapartwarrior.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aliyah, it is nice to meet another warrior for God. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I'm so glad you posted...I almost forgot! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.