Thursday, July 10, 2014

I can see for miles and miles and miles and miles....oh yeah


Early morning flight before Frank's work meeting.
A beautiful clear day and of course this song by the Who was singing in my head.
Am I the only one who has songs pop into her head constantly?
No matter what happens there is a song to fit LOL.

Frank went to work and I went to the Farm for this week's bounty.  Then I went and got Mom and we went out for ice cream.  When we got back there was a pianist there giving a concert so I left Mom to enjoy her music with her "gang".  When I got home I cleaned the refrigerator to make room for all of my new produce.  I still had some rhubarb that Kirsten had given me that I needed to use and some strawberries that were left from last weeks bounty.  In addition, I received some currant berries today.

I went onto pinterest and found this recipe from Our Fun with Five by Amanda Watkins.  Amanda simply called this recipe, Best Rhubarb Recipe Ever.  I very loosely adapted this recipe to suit my needs and I now have a delicious dessert to take with us on the canoe trip.  Minus the one piece I gave to John to make sure that it was edible LOL.


Since I was taking this dessert up north with us I used a disposable 9x13" pan.
I had 8 cups of fruit, mostly rhubarb with a quart of strawberries and some currant berries.
I tossed this with the sugar, flour, cinnamon and eggs.


Sprinkled the fruit with the dry cake mix.
Drizzled the cake mix with the melted butter and threw it in the oven for 45 minutes.


Served it up warm with some vanilla bean ice cream.
John said it was a winner.

Rhubarb and Mixed Berry Cobbler
loosely adapted from Our Fun with Five

6-7 c. of rhubarb sliced into 1/2" pieces
1-2 c. assorted berries ( I used strawberries and currant berries, you want 8 c. of fruit, total)
2 c. sugar
1/4 c. flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 t. cinnamon
1 cake mix (I used yellow)
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted

Toss fruit with sugar, flour, eggs and cinnamon and place into a 9x13" cake pan.  Sprinkle with dry cake mix.  Drizzle with melted butter.  Bake at 350* for 40-45 minutes, until brown and bubbly.

While the cobbler was baking we finished putting together the bunk beds that I was telling you about yesterday in this post.  I am very pleased with it.


When we get back from our canoe trip I will be shopping for linens and bedspreads.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.