Thursday, July 24, 2014

Local Flavors

You know what I love about being a blogger??  Besides visiting with all of you each day, of course.  I love all the opportunities I have to join different clubs.  Now most of the clubs to which I belong are cooking clubs because cooking is one of my loves but it is not, by any means, my only love.

Those of you who visit me regularly know how much I love living in Michigan and supporting my local businesses.  Well I found a club that will not only allow me to visit and support my local businesses but to share this great State of Michigan with another lucky person.


     

Let me introduce you to The Local Flavor Swap.  This is a very neat club.  The members fill a package with 5 items that represent their state.  These should be items that the sender would be happy to receive themselves.  You are given a partner and they are doing the same for you.  At a designated time everyone ships their packages and blogs about what they were lucky enough to receive.  FUN, FUN, FUN!!!  And there are still a few days left for you to join up, just go to the site above and fill out an application.  They accepted me so they must not be too picky LOL.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool...I just registered...now we'll see how picky they really are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. I'm very tempted but salads don't ship well. Great Idea though and if I can think of local flavors that involve something else truly Californian, I'll join up!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.