Sunday, July 27, 2014

Wow!! I am Honored....

My friend Lisa, over at My Sweet Peanut, nominated me for A Very Inspiring Blogger Award.  I was flabbergasted and surprised and pleased.  Thank you, Lisa...not only for this nomination but for your constant support of my blog, your comments, your praise, your likes and your shares mean the world to me.


Here are the Rules for the Award.

1. Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you.  – Check!
2. List the rules and display the award. – Check!
3. Share seven facts about yourself. – Check!
4. Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated. – this is going to take some time but I will do it.
5. Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you. – I have been following LIsa since the first day I found her blog.

Seven Facts About Little Ol' Me...

1. This is my second marriage.  We just celebrated 22 years and we are still going strong.
2. I belong to the Catholic Church and I am very proud of it.  I spent many years searching for the right place for me to worship my Lord before finally returning home to my catholic faith.
3. Being a Mom is the most important job I ever had and even though I blew it more often than not my kids are wonderful people of whom I am very proud.
4. I love reading, cooking, entertaining, hiking, travelling and scuba diving...in no particular order.
5. I was a care giver for my Mom until last month when I finally admitted that I could no longer handle it and placed her in a memory care center.  She has adjusted fabulously which makes me happy and eliminates my guilt.
6. I am blessed with the best family in the world.  Family to me does not necessarily mean blood relations but those people who are constantly there for you and with you through all the seasons of your life.  
7. I thought I would have a hard time coming up with 7 facts about me but looky here....I am all done!!

Fifteen Bloggers Who Inspire Me

1.  Lisa, of course, from My Sweet Peanut.  Lisa also cares for her mom who suffers from Alzheimer's.  She shares her story with humor, love and compassion.  She is also a fantastic Mom and shares her life with her kids with us.  She inspires me to always see my glass as half full.

2.  Paula, from Smidgens, Snippets and Bits.  Paula found me when I was doing a 31 day writing challenge and decided to write about Dealing with Alzheimers and Dementia.  Paula, was caring for her husband and reached out to me with love and support.  Paula's caregiving journey just ended.  I mourn with her and for her.  I look forward to sharing her journey as she puts her life back together and finds herself amongst the rubble.  She inspires me each day to not take those I love for granted.

3.  Amy, from Amy's Cooking Adventures.  Amy's was the first blog I followed and it was she that inspired me to start my own blog.  She also helped me set it up and get it going.  Amy also introduced me to the Secret Recipe Club of which I am now a proud member.

4.  Evelyne, from Cheap Ethnic Eatz.  Wow if you want some inspiration in your cooking, you want to stop by Evelyne's blog.  Evelyne also invited me to join Food n Flix which I just love.

5.  Lisa Jo, from Surprised by Motherhood.  Lisa Jo is the most loving, compassionate and caring person in the blog world I think.  She is constantly reminding you to treat yourself with all of these same traits.  She inspires me to be less judgmental and more supportive.

6.  Kendra, from Catholic All Year.  I have just recently started following Kendra but she has a lot of great information about raising a large family in the catholic faith.  It is fun to follow her adventures and it inspires me to live my faith more completely.

7.  Debra, from Elliot's Eats.  I met Debra through Food n Flix, she invited me to join Cook the Books which is another wonderful cooking club.  Debra has some amazing recipes that inspire me to no end!!

8.  Zippiknits.  I don't even know her real name, but zippi inspires me with her photography and her constant support of my blog.

9.  Laura, from I'm an Organizing Junkie.  Not only does Laura inspire me to clean out closets and storage areas but she keeps me on task with my menu planning by hosting Menu Plan Monday each week.

10. Amy, from Gospel Homemaking.  Amy inspires me each Thursday when she encourages us to Thrive at Home.

11. Sarah, from Little Bus on the Prairie.  How can you not be inspired my a young Mom of three with one on the way moving out of her house and into a bus to raise her children while their new house is being built. Can you say brave???

12.  Julie, from Redhead Can Decorate.  Julie inspires me to not be afraid to try creative things...what is the worst that can happen???  She also lives here in Michigan so I kinda feel a bond.

13.  Cindy, from Hun What's for Dinner. Tons and tons of recipes for when you need inspiration at dinner time.

14.  Julie, from White Lights on Wednesday.  Another great place for recipe inspiration.

15.  Damyanti, from Daily(w)rite.  Very different from the other blogs I read. Damyanti is a true author and inspires and encourages others to write as well.  My goal is to one day write as well as she.

I will be sharing this post at List it Tuesday so that everyone has an opportunity to learn about these great blogs!!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, thank you! I appreciate the nomination. I'm not sure that I will be able to follow all the award rules, but I'll try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wendy for your kind words. I know that I will be back to blogging someday when I see my way to start putting my life back together....you have been a GIANT blessing to me, my friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day at a time Paula dear and meanwhile we will keep you in the loop.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for honor, Wendy! We share that Michigan bond ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do Julie, thanks for all the great decorating ideas and tips.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Wendy. I don't accept awards on my blog, but I'm touched you thought of me. Let's write more, together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand and I thank you for all your posts on successful writing.

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Wendy. You are too kind. I feel honored.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Wendy for the honor and great to get to know you a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyne, I was pleased to be able to share your wonderful blog with others.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the great honor of being nominated. I want to say that you inspire me so much with your energy, your kindness, hard work, recipes(!), and photo journals. It is a joy to read your blog. I will try, in the next few days to fulfill the list and pass along this along to others who provide inspiration to my blogging life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so welcome zippi, thanks for being such an inspiration to so many others.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.