#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is very decadent. I would have never trusted myself to make this and have it in the house so I volunteered to bring dessert when invited to my niece's house for dinner. Phew.....it was a close call because I know I would have kept going back for piece after piece until the entire cake was gone. It was very addictive. It was reminiscent of fudge with caramel. It was delicious!!!
Milky Way Bundt Cake
originally Caramel Nougat Cake V by Ann at Allrecipes.com
11 (2.15 oz) Milky Way Candy Bars
1 1/2 c. butter, divided
2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 1/2 c. unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 t. baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1 c, powdered sugar
Spray a Bundt Pan with baking spray. Sift together flour and baking soda, set aside. In a med. saucepan melt 8 of the candy bars with with 1/2 c. of the butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
In large bowl of stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together another 1/2 c. of butter and 2 c. of sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture, alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in the cooled chocolate and nuts.
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for 40-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. (I found that the cake was browning very quickly so I lightly covered it with aluminum foil after 30 minutes.) Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Melt remaining candy bars with remaining 1/2 c. butter, add 1 c powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cake. Print Recipe
Don’t forget to take a peek at what other talented bakers have baked this month:
- Apple Butter Bundt Cake with Cider Caramel Glaze by Cassie of Cassie's Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Aisha of La Cocina de Aisha
- Brown Butter Praline Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Drizzle by Tux of Brooklyn Homemaker
- Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Kaylin of Keep it Simple, Sweetie
- Caramel Banana Bundt Cake by Kathya of Basic N Delicious
- Caramel Cake with Caramel Cream Cheese Icing by Rebekah of Making Miracles
- Caramel Chocolate Bundt Cake by Natalia of Principiando en la Cocina
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Bundt Cake by Lauren of Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake with Peanut Butter Caramel Sauce by Laura of Baking in Pyjamas
- Cornmeal Bundt Cake with Caramel Popcorn by Patricia of Patty's Cake
- English Toffee Bundt with Drunken Dulce Drizzle by Stacy of Food Lust People Love
- Fall Classic Caramel Bundt Cake by Maleka of La Luna en Dulce
- Fair Toffee Apple Bundt by Jane of Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Milky Way Bundt Cake by Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramelized White Chocolate Glazed Butterscotch Pecan Bundt Cake by Laura of The Spiced Life
- Snickers Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze by Bea and Mara of I Love Bundt Cakes
- Spiced Apple Bundt Cake with a Caramel Brickle Drizzle by Teri of The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Caramel and Pear Bundt Cake by Rocío of Kids&Chic
- Three Flavor Zebra Bundt Cake - Vanilla, Caramel and Chocolate by Caro of En la Cocina de Caro
One year ago--Birthday Dinner