Monday, November 30, 2015

A new cranberry sauce to share....

Have you read my Special SRC and Muffin Monday post yet today?  If not, feel free to do so now.  I will wait.

Welcome back.  Don't those muffins sound absolutely delicious?  They were and my Mom and her "gang" were very appreciative.  I did have a half pint of raspberries left with no plans for them.  Thanksgiving was looming and I was too busy preparing for the feast to spend time looking for a raspberry recipe when inspiration struck.  I could add them to my cranberry sauce!!

My normal cranberry sauce is a combination of cranberries, orange juice and sugar. Easy, Peasy and Delicious.  This new version is just as easy but has a little more depth of flavor.  It has become a new favorite.


It turned out lovely the tartness of the cranberries and raspberries, sweetened with freshly squeezed orange juice, orange zest and brown sugar.  YUM!

Raspberry Cranberry Sauce

4 c. fresh cranberries
1/2 pint fresh raspberries
juice and zest from 3 oranges
1/3 c. brown sugar

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.  Bring to a boil, reduce heat.  Simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 to twenty minutes.  Let cool and then chill before serving.  Print Recipe

2 comments:

  1. Now this does sound good. I love cranberries!! I didn't make my special cranberry dish this year. We just used the canned version. I love that too!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.