Thursday, November 5, 2015

Burnt....

When I made my Weekly Menu for last week I had planned a date night for tomorrow, forgetting that Saturday is scrapbooking day and Jen and Lili will be down to spend the weekend and go with me. So we decided to have date night yesterday instead and went to the show to see Burnt.


This was not a great movie.  It is not going to win any Oscars.  I LOVED it!!  It had Bradley Cooper and Food Galore.  What was not to love?  But you don't have to be a woman and a foodie to love this movie.  Frank enjoyed it as well.  It is a movie about salvation. About reinventing yourself and learning what is important in life.  It is a story about valuing people and relationships over fame and fortune.  I would recommend it.

Image result for spy of bridges

We have been on a movie going kick for the past few weeks.  We also went to see the new Tom Hanks movie, Bridge of Spies.  I love Tom Hanks.  I think he is a phenomenal actor.  I have never seen a movie of his I did not enjoy.  This movie, based on a true story, is no exception.  This is not an action packed movie but it is a thought provoking and heart felt movie that you really should go see.

Image result for the martian movie poster

Prior to that, we had gone to see The Martian.  The Martian had all the qualities for which you go to the movies.  Action, suspense, drama, likable characters.  You get to sit on the edge of your seat and root for the good guys.  You learn about family being much more than blood but those who are willing to sacrifice everything because they love you, because you are "family".  You see this kind of love in police officers, firefighters, emergency room staff, medics and evidently, astronauts.  I thought it was a great movie.

I am happy that we were still able to get a date night in but I am excited as well for tomorrow night when Jen, Lil, Amy, Doug, Tingting and Melody will be joining us for dinner.  That, too, is what family is all about and I have been blessed with the best.

6 comments:

  1. Glad to get a first review of burnt. now I have 3 movies to add to my list to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen the previews on TV about burnt! Darian loved Bradley Cooper. I just put the book The Martian on my TBR list. And I also love Tom Hanks. Now you know I am not much of a movie person but you just gave me three that I want to see!! Have fun scrapbooking!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what I like best about going to the movies is that I don't do anything else but watch the movie. When I am home and we rent a movie I am getting up and down to take care of things and I always have my computer on my lap that tends to distract me.

      Delete
    2. Yep, that would be me too! But, going to the movies is sooooooooo expensive!

      Delete
    3. We try to hit the matinees, much less expensive and we try to eat before the show because it is all the snacks that can cost a fortune.

      Delete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.