Sunday, November 15, 2015

Italian Baked Chicken for #SundaySupper

We are sharing budget friendly foods this week at Sunday Supper, hosted by Shelby of Grumpy's Honeybunch and Caroline of  Caroline's Cooking.  At our house Sunday Supper is often ten or twelve people gathered around the table.  I love having a house full of family and friends but I don't have an unlimited budget so I will often prepare this dish which is not only economical but easy peasy and delicous.  In other words, the perfect recipe.  In fact, when I served this up at my daughter Amy's birthday dinner a few weeks ago, her guy, Doug, said "We have had a lot of good food in this house but this meal has to be one of the best ever".  That, my friends, makes for a perfect Sunday Supper.


Tender, juicy and delicious.
Shake it up in Italian Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs, place it in the oven and enjoy time playing a board game, watching a movie or the game, or visiting with each other while dinner is baking. 
 Serve it with Make Ahead Parmesan Mashed Potatoes and Slow Cooker Roasted Vegetables and you will have nothing but time on your hands. 
Happy Sunday!!

The recipe I am sharing is for 10-12 people, halve it or double it according to your needs.  I grow my own chickens so they come whole.  I cut up 2 chickens into 10 pieces each (the breasts are large and get cut in half before baking).  You can buy a whole cut up chicken or packages of chicken pieces that your family prefers.

Italian Baked Chicken

2 whole chickens, cut up or 20 pieces of chicken pieces
1 pkg. (8 oz) of Italian Flavored Panko Bread Crumbs
1 stick of butter, melted

Place flavored bread crumbs into a gallon size sealable plastic bag.  Add melted butter and shake to coat the crumbs.  Add the chicken pieces, a few at a time, and shake to coat. Place breaded pieces onto 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper.  Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 minutes, then rearrange the baking pans by changing rack positions and turning the front of the pans towards the back of the oven.  Bake for another 20-25 minutes.  Print Recipe

Look at all of these Budget Friendly Dishes!


Save-Your-Pennies Soups: 

Budget-Savvy Bread and Salads:

Money-Saving Mains: 

Don't-break-the-bank Desserts:



And more saving suggestions from the Sunday Supper Movement:



Sunday Supper MovementJoin the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It's easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.




15 comments:

  1. I love it when simple and easy is also delicious! I truly envy you having a full table at meal time. Its just two of us here now and even holidays the table might just have the two of us due to distance. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very hard for me to learn to cook for just the two of us so I am always happy when the kids or friends come by to share our table.

      Delete
  2. Sadly, I don't have the big family gatherings anymore. But my crew (when Justin and Paige are here) can easily eat 10-12 pieces of chicken. Another of your recipes going on my Pinterest board for chicken. Thank you Wendy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it Paula. It has always been one of the kids favorites.

      Delete
  3. What an easy, yummy chicken recipe! I need to add this to our entree repertoire ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only three ingredients? Definitely budget friendly - and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always use oil I need to try butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never thought to use oil Cindy. I will have to try that.

      Delete
  6. Oh yum yum! This made me hungry, like what you stated in your intro. Hehe.

    Watch movie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooo good- and the kids love it

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.