Friday, November 20, 2015

Jalapeno Sweet Potato Puffs for #CrazyIngredientChallenge

Can you guess what our ingredients are this month for Crazy Ingredient Challenge?  Yes, I gave it away right off the bat....Jalapenos and Sweet Potatoes.  Two ingredients that are not too crazy but that I am crazy about!

I stopped by my bff in the computer world, google search, and typed in Sweet Potatoes and Jalapenos. I was rewarded with a plethora of recipes containing both of these ingredients.  I usually read 5 or 6 different recipes and then make my own recipe by incorporating several different ideas. This month, however, I stumbled upon this recipe by Hello Healthy and it seemed pretty much exactly what I was looking for.  These little sweet potato puffs are a perfect little appetizer for all of the holiday parties we will be throwing and attending.  I did adapt the recipe to suit what ingredients I had a available and for easier preparation with less dirty dishes.


The first change I made was to microwave my potatoes instead of peeling and boiling them.


This way all I had to do was peel the skins off and put the potatoes in the bowl.


Mash the potatoes and add the remaining ingredients.
I substituted a Mexican Blend for the Cheddar Cheese.
Sour Cream for the Greek Yogurt.
I also used some precooked real bacon bits that I had in my cupboard instead of frying up slices.


I ended up with 2 dozen of these tasty little morsels that we enjoyed while playing cards one evening.

Jalapeno Sweet Potato Puffs
adapted from Hello Healthy

2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and mashed
2 eggs
3/4 c. Mexican blend shredded cheese
3 T. sour cream
1/4 c. real bacon bits
1 lg. jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well incorporated.  Spray 2 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.  Divide the mixture into the muffin tins and bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20-25 minutes or until puffed and slightly browned.  Allow puffs to cool and serve at room temperature. Print Recipe

Let's see what the others created with Jalapenos and Sweet Potatoes


12 comments:

  1. We had similar idea this month to go with an appetizer. Your version looks really tasty with the bacon in it. Mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect for game day. My family gets together for football once a month and I'll have to make these next time. Thanks! Great challenge recipe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know where you get all your energy for all this cooking?? These look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well actually I do a lot of the cooking all at one time and then I post them separately so it just seems like I am cooking all the time LOL

      Delete
  4. I love this recipe! And of course love your changes, especially the fewer dirty dishes part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was something I thought of at first when I thought about these two ingredients...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.