It can be made up to two hours ahead of time and is served at room temperature so there is no last minute preparation needed.
You start by cutting the eggplant and a small onion into bite size pieces, tossing them with garlic and olive oil and roasting them until tender, about 15 minutes.
While the roasted eggplant is cooling. Whisk together the vinaigrette and toss with the tomatoes and some fresh dill.
Add the cooled, roasted veggies and toss to cover with the vinaigrette. Serve immediately or let stand for up to two hours before serving at room temperature.
This Easter Week event is part of the group, Holiday Fun with our Blog Friends, and is being hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventure. We have been and will continue to share recipes suitable for Easter all week long. You will find links to the others following this recipe.
Roasted Eggplant Salad
2 baby eggplants, cut into 2" dice
1 pt. cherry or grape tomatoes (or a mixture of each)
1 small onion, cut into 2" dice
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 T. + 2 t. extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1 T. balsamic vinegar
1/2 T. fresh dill, finely chopped
Toss the eggplant, onion and garlic with 2 t. of olive oil, season with salt and pepper and place in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in a preheated 350* oven for 15-20 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Cut the cherry tomatoes and any large grape tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Place the 1 1/2 T. olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper in a small jar with a lid. Shake vigorously to blend and pour over the tomatoes. Add the dill and the cooled, roasted vegetables. Toss to coat and serve immediately or set aside for up to 2 hours at room temperature. Print Recipe
More Easter Entertaining Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cinnamon Rolls by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Tip Garden
- Individual Easter Breads by Cooking With Carlee
- Tomato Asparagus Quiche by Caroline's Cooking
- Peeps Whoopie Pies by Palatable Pastime
- Rosemary Garlic Herb Rib Roast by Family Around The Table
- Honey butter Peas and Carrots by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Pea and Pasta Salad by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Roasted Eggplant Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm