Friday, December 22, 2017

Menu for Christmas Week

Happy Friday everyone.  One short weekend and Christmas is upon us.  I haven't even finished my Christmas shopping yet!  So that is the second order of business today.  The first order of business is to make up and deliver a late Christmas Basket to a person who was late calling the food pantry.

Our choir party last night was a huge success.  The chicken marsala is always a popular dish.  I had made a ton and what didn't get eaten was taken home by guests.  It is going back on the menu for Christmas day.

Tomorrow will be spent finishing up anything left to do before the big day.  We will go to Mass at 4 pm.

Frank's brother and his wife are hosting Christmas Eve.  We will be singing at Midnight Mass.

Christmas Day dinner will be here.  I will be serving buffet style as I am not sure how many people will be showing up for the celebration.

When I went to the calendar to write this post I was absolutely thrilled to see that on Tuesday Frank had scheduled "sleep" for the entire day.  Sounds good to me.  Our Little Miss will be home enjoying time with Mama who has the week off from work.

Wednesday we are hosting a dinner party for our friends, Fr. Rooney, Sr. Maryann and Mary Agnes, who is my right hand at the food pantry.

No choir practice on Thursday so we have a free day.  I think maybe a date night.  There are several movies out that I want to see right now.

Friday we are hosting a Cocktail Party for our surrounding neighbors, some of whom have not yet met the others. I will be serving substantial appetizers.

Image result for wigilia

So here is my Weekly menu including Christmas Day.  I hope that your week is filled with merriment and love.......

Saturday
Dinner out after Mass

Sunday-Christmas Eve
Dinner at Dan and Rebecca's

Monday-Christmas Day
Field Greens with Dijon Dressing
Apple and Fennel Slaw
Bourbon Glazed Ham
Chicken Marsala
Ginger Garlic Shrimp
Mashed Potatoes
Broccoli Gratin
Steamed Green Beans
Buttered Corn
Trifle

Tuesday
Leftovers

Wednesday-Dinner with friends
Barszcz Wolyinski
Cucumber Salad with Dill
Hungarian Pancakes
Fresh Kielbasa
Kapusta
Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

Thursday
Out for dinner and a movie

Friday-Cocktail Party
Charcuterie Platter
Asst. Breads and Rolls
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Smoked Salmon Mousse
Chicken Strudel
Fresh Veggie Platter with Dill Dip
Fresh Fruit Platter
Asst. Desserts






No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.