Friday, February 16, 2018

Fish Veracruz en Pappilote #FishFridayFoodies

This month's Fish Friday Foodies is hosted by Sue of Palatable Pastime.  A group of us get together on the third Friday of each month to share a fish/seafood recipe based on a theme chosen by the member hosting.  This month our theme is En Pappilote or In Parchment.


If you would like to join us in the future please leave a comment below with your blog name.  We would be happy to have you.


I just returned from a visit to my brother and his family in California.  This past Sunday we had a family dinner for about 20 of us.  This Fish Vera Cruz en Pappilote was one of the entrees that I served.  Fresh, tender fish filets placed on top of a tomato/onion/olive mixture and wrapped in parchment for a short baking period.  They were a huge hit.



I only made eight packets as I was also serving Chicken Cacciatore with pasta and my brother was grilling up some hamburgers.  Other family members were bringing salads, sides and dessert so I thought I would have plenty.  This fish was such a hit that I could have easily used another 8 packets.



This huge platter of fish was gone in a flash.  It was easy enough that I was able to throw it together after a morning of sight seeing and a lunch date with my friend Cam of Culinary Adventures with Camilla.  Our guests arrived about 5 pm and we were all enjoying dinner by 6.


Please stop by the links below this recipe for many more great En Pappilote fish and seafood recipes. I can't wait to try more recipes using this easy peasy method.  

I am sharing a recipe for 8 servings with this as the sole entrĂ©e.  Feel free to adapt the quantities to meet your needs.

Fish Veracruz en Pappilote
adapted from Cuisine at Home

8 (4-6 oz) fish filets (I used Snapper)
6 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 Vidalia onion, sliced
3 T. capers, drained
1/2 cup pimiento stuffed olives, drained and chopped
1 large jalapeno, seeded and sliced
Juice of 1 lemon
Lemon slices 
Olive oil, if desired

Combine the tomatoes, onion, capers, olives, jalapeno and lemon juice in a bowl.  

Lay 8 sheets of parchment, approximately 24" wide onto a counter.  Divide the tomato mixture and place onto the center of each parchment piece.  Lay a fish filet onto the tomato mixture and top with lemon slices.  Drizzle with olive oil, if desired.

Fold the wide ends of the parchment together and fold shut. Fold the ends to seal and tuck underneath.  Place onto a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400* oven for 20 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.  Print Recipe

More Fantastic Fish Recipes









10 comments:

  1. Oh these look wonderful. I would have to tailor that recipe for one! Harley doesn't eat any kind of fish. Soon I will be cooking for just one. That will be a challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cooking for one is a challenge. This recipe would be easy to adapt.

      Delete
  2. These look delicious Wendy, but I'm pretty much obsessed that you and Cam got to have lunch together. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you ever find yourself in Michigan Karen, please let me know. I will do my best to be available to meet with you.

      Delete
  3. First off, jealous you got to have lunch with Camilla, I bet it was amazing. Second, well not really, but those look amazing. I love the flavors you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sid. This is the second year that Cam has made time for me while I was in California and I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Wendy, I love the use of the capers and pimiento! It sounds amazing. P~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made so many of them, your guest must have polished these in minutes, so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I sure could have used more packets. Luckily we had 2 other entrees being served and some of our guests were not fish lovers.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.