Monday, March 26, 2018

Cheezy Garlic Muffins #MuffinMonday

It's Muffin Monday and do I have a great treat for you today.  I was cooking up a sauce for pasta in my slow cooker and it smelled sooooo good that I knew I wanted to have some bread to sop it up.

I didn't want to go through the time and trouble for a yeast bread so I thought muffins would be the perfect solution......and they were.



All the garlicky goodness of a cheese bread in less than a half an hour.  THAT is what I call a win/win.

This recipe only makes six muffins.  This is perfect when there is only 2 of you.  We each had one with dinner, one each for breakfast the next day and then the last two were turned into breakfast sandwiches with the addition of an egg and another slice of cheese the following day.  YUM.


My husband slathered his with butter but I ate mine plain and dipped in this deliciously rich sauce that I will be sharing with you tomorrow.  I love those little flecks of cheese and herbs you can see in these muffins.


Do you prefer your muffins sweet or savory?  You will find lots of choices in the links below my recipe.

Cheezy Garlic Muffins

1 c. flour
1/2 t. salt
1/2 T. baking powder
2 T. butter, melted and cooled
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 c. shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1/4 t. thyme
1/4 t. oregano

Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl.  Combine the milk, butter, egg, garlic, thyme and oregano in a 2 cup measuring cup.  Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.  Fold in the cheese.  Batter will be thick and stiff.

Divide the batter between a 6 cup muffin tin that has been treated with cooking spray.  Bake in a preheated 400* oven for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center of a muffin removes cleanly.  Print Recipe


Muffin Monday







#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins. You can see all our of lovely muffins by following our Pinterest board. Updated links for all of our past events and more information about Muffin Monday, can be found on our home page.

6 comments:

  1. I could make a whole meal of these, Wendy! Bet they smelled fabulous baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these on your Instagram account and have now printed the recipe. Oh yes, I will be making these this week for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have these with the ribs? They sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments and feedback from my audience. Please let me know what you think, keeping in mind that we are all entitled to our own beliefs and opinions. I am happy to hear yours as long as they are stated nicely.